77 Arrow Road, Guelph (2nd Floor)
Current employment opportunities
Heavy-Duty Equipment/Truck Mechanic - Full Time
Responsibilities and Duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Work in compliance with Company Health & Safety Policies and OHSA standards
- Service and maintain bulldozers, excavators, loaders, graders, trucks, screening plants, stackers etc.
- Collaborate with appropriate personnel to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns as needed
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance prior to returning it to service
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as tilting buckets, hydraulic hammers, cutting edges & teeth
- Advise on parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop
- Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicles
- Perform other assigned duties as required
Qualifications and skills
- Diesel Mechanic with experience on heavy duty vehicles, i.e. trucks and construction equipment an asset
- Physical strength, diagnostic skill, manual dexterity and ability to work in noisy environment are key traits.
- Minimum G licence required
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Full time positions offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
Only those meeting hiring requirements will be contacted for an interview. D & J Lockhart Ltd. is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.